Thursday, September 27, 2007

My First Blog - Why Blog after a long break?

I started blogging in december 2004. It had just techie stuff, so it was such a boring stuff, that there were hardly any comments ( the actual reason could also be that people generally dont comment on my technical capabilities :) ) after a few posts my blog looked more like a website with techical junk becoming insipid.So I stopped blogging, thinking that am saving space . :)

But am back again, after almost three years to start afresh with a new id.But this time I decided not to post technical stuff as am not a techie anymore. :).. I have been thinking about blogging again for quite sometime but was too lazy to type. But yesterday I typed a long mail( really long) to one of my friends in a unbelievably shorter duration. When I told this to my friend, he reminded me of my blogging idea. I generally like to read blogs, because I feel it will make you look at things more closely at different angles. And now I am here to try my hand at it. Also I thought blogging will enthuse my otherwise boredom life.

So extending a warm welcome to myself :)

PS:
Strictly for new bloggers like me.

* Jorn Barger coined the term “Weblog” for “logging the Web.” which is now the "blog".
(Who is he? I dont know, but thanks to him for,I got a prize for telling his name at Col :))

* Blogging argots:

* Feeds - A Feed is a function of a special software that allows Feedreaders to access a site automatically looking for new content and then post updates about that new content to another site.Basically to keep up with the latest and hottest :).Popular ones are RSS and Atom feeds.

* Blogrolls- A blogroll is a list of links to webpages that the author of a blog finds worthwhile or interesting.BlogRolling (http://blogrolling.com) and blo.gs are two websites that provide some interesting functions or help related to blogrolls

* Trackbacks & Pingbacks - Nifty ways for authors of other blogs to leave comments without even visiting the blog

* PermaLinks - Permalinks are the permanent URLs to your individual weblog posts.

* Link Manager - The Link Manager is the place where you can manage all your links to other websites, blogs, etc.

* PostSlugs - If you're using Pretty Permalinks, the Post Slug is the title of your article post within the link.

Let me not bore u folks anymore... its definitely not tech stuff :)... old habits die hard! so pls bear with me. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe..nerdy...very typical of Rams...but yeah..straight from the heart. Good start Rams!

Unknown said...

Hey Bloggers watch out..
Rams started venturing all your areas..Great start Rams... carry on... ;)

Unknown said...

gud start rams...cheers....just carry on wid it an make it a lil better nxt time;)...anywaz..just kiddin...gud stuff

Ramalakshmi Subramanian said...

@suba
Thanx dear :)

@vivek
Thanx a lot...

@anjali
hope u read d second one :)

msr said...

Had a been lurker here for a while now. Some good posts!

BTW, Is the older tech blog still staying hosted? Could you give the url, if you will?