Life is not very exciting. So, I decided to break my boredom by doing something adventurous. After analyzing all the ideas that came up, I decided on this.... going to office in the scooty:)... I finally mustered courage to take the scooty out( my office is in hosur road, which is one of the busiest roads in blore :)).I decided to wake up early ( which is 7.30 for me of late) and leave by 8 to avoid traffic . With the master plan in place I slept happily the previous night. But just proving to be myself, I woke up late and had to leave only by 8.45.(testimonial for my about me :)) With the excitement of going alone in scooty to office, I went to the parking lot. There was absolutely no difficulty in choosing mine as it was the dirtiest of all the bikes parked. But to spoil my morning ,scooty troubled me by not starting automatically, ( may be it was d punishment for keeping it tidy :()... I immediately remembered my friend Pratyusha saying that you always have to so a kick start in the morning. Having known what has to be done, I felt like an expert and started to kick the bike ( that will be apt)... but paavam me.. :( even the bike was against me, and to add to the agony there was this driver who was laughing at me, but thank his good gods, he offered to help me ( else he would have faced the consequence )... and finally my scooty was roaring on the road:) [ hence the title Kick Start :)]
It was a smooth ride all along. After about 15 minutes loooong drive in the concrete jungle, amidst all the honking I reached office safe and sound... My colleagues reminded me that I have to get back home in the evening, when I was proudly narrating the whole episode to them. But I brushed aside their comments, as I was already in cloud nine, rejoicing my achievement. But, the expected happened, It was while maneuvering the bike in the narrow space of my parking lot, that I crashed into one of the pillars :( may be I should have called this post as, a Big bang start... thankfully, nothing happened to the bike and unfortunately to me too... :)
P.S
I still don’t have a driving license. :)
Thanks to my colleague Raghu, If not for him I wouldn’t have had the courage to go all alone. He has been coming along with me at the speed of 5km per hour, just to make me confident ... owe him a treat IF I get the license... :D
4 comments:
Thats a good 'advertisement' for Raghu :) Maybe u can put the last paragraph in bold :D
Roaring on the road at the speed of 5km / hour???? I could imagine the plight of raghu.
@ajith
Sure.. nice idea 2 compensate 4 d treat :)
@sripriya
ya ya.. but it wasnt that slow.. he has cooked up stories :(
Nice of Raghu to escort you. And you better get a license fast!
Post a Comment