Yipee!! It is one year since I came to Blore . A year I would always cherish. Like I have told before in a post earlier, I have no idea yet (I thought I knew why sometime back, but it is uncertain again at the moment :)) why I decided to leave my home, my family and come to a land of strangers. But anyway am surprised and amazed by the fact that I withstood it. I think I have accepted the change gradually. It's unbelievable that one year flew past ( it sound like a cliche ), and along with the journey transformed me completely to what I am today, from what I was a year before.For instance, the very thought of having done anything great would have ideally crusaded me, and made me do something. But now, I have this attitude, "I think it is okay not to do anything :)(again, not to forget the smile)".
Certain memories refuse to leave you because they leave permanent impressions which are rather impossible to get rid of.Reminiscence of the past is both amusing as well as distressing.Now, when I think about the last one year of my life ( I know am making it sound like the program year program that is shown on 1st day of a new year, every year in every other channel). Reminiscing and running the movie "One Year", with me as the protagonist, scripted, edited and directed by the universal director, and other actors who played their part impeccably, I have mixed kind of feelings (hence the title:)(: ). My blog, becoming more like a diary, I have decided to maintain it as diary itself. So, introducing some of the important characters, of my movie (it will be being unfair to myself, if I use the word drama instead ), who mostly brought that small crescent on my face, and some times knowingly or unknowingly the precious pearls in my eyes.
I landed in blore, confounded, with a blank idea of the future, assuring myself that it would be a short stay, and that I could go back home any day.I was stranded in the airport, not knowing of where to go (I was supposed to go to this place called Brookefield, which did sound like a place in London and not in Blore to many), with a heavy heart and fear of "How am I going to be in this big black blore" (I was black as I came at 9 in the night). Adding to my fear was this language problem. The only sentence I knew in Hindi was, "Mujhe book lagrahe hai", which my friends at cognizant taught me. With great difficulty, I managed to reach the guest house, and then immd., :)(: for some reason. I met this guy, JD who was like a ray of hope in the dark jungle, where I was lost then.
* JD - my first friend in blore, who was there when no one else was here for me. He was like a kutty kid, though he is extremely mature and responsible for his age. He made me smile from the heart, for the first time in blore. Not to forget the tough times I had with him. He literally made me cry and learn Hindi. Whatever little Hindi I know today, is all because of him. Thanks to him :). We are not in touch now for no reason :( . I thank my caretaker Bhayya also, who took good care of me at the guest house.Thanks!! Bayya :)
* Imran - This funny guy, is an epitome of friendship. I feel lucky to have met him. He is funny, because he is (Am sure he is gonna kill me for this :)) . He can make you laugh 24X7. Amazing friend!! Thanks monkey! - still in touch with him.
* Raju - very mature and a level headed friend of mine. He know what he wants to do ( unlike me). A nice friend, who is still there, when I need him.
* Rakesh, Raj - my first Tamil speaking friends in blore. I always feel at home when I talk to them, may be because of the language. ( hardly talk to them now though)
* Vanessa, Gagan, Rahul, Arup Bhayya - good friends at SAP.
* Pratyusha - My ex-roomie, who is more like me, tried hard to teach me a few things, but in vain, as am not a good student. :)
* Anirudh - My best friend (:) am forced to say), a better version of me, extremely patient, adroit, a warm and caring person. If there is someone I troubled in the whole of last one year, it is only him. Most of my memories in blore revolve around him. I could just be myself with him.
* Sripriya - my first friend in oracle. A caring chammatu ponnu. Pari - a patient listener. I mostly vent out all my offcial worries to her (my PL :))
* Shiva, Vinod, Anand, LK - The late hours gang. We discuss about all trivial things, considering it to be the topic of the hour.
* Raghu - My driving Guru, and rival in Badminton . A level headed person, who is very practical and realistic.
* Kamsi - A warm person, my pub partner :)
* Bobby - My manager, who is more like a good friend. I like to fight with him, talk to him, argue with him. A very balanced person, who can manage everything. Unknowingly, I look up to him for a few things.
* Tina - She is a darling friend, who is equally stupid and sensitive as me. I guess she will be the only soul who reads this post. We share a common world. I am surprised with the way she manages everything. A caring, loving and lovable person. I miss her a lot if she doesn't turn up even for a day.
*Hari - Power programmer, Sincere soul, amicable, harmless, friendly person. My ADF Guru. Tolerates me with a smile.
* Megha - My darling ex-roomie. She is married now. Next to my mom, she is the only soul on this earth who can understand all my actions, and read my tone. My best friend, who is always there for me.
* Kids @ my school - I love them. They changed my world. They made me smile. They taught me the lesson of life.They grooved me to the person I am today.
* My soft toys & plants - They are the ones always with a smile to listen to my cribs. They break my aloofness. Give me hope many times. Sadly, my plants died:(
* Books - They played a major role in the transformation. My best friends of late.
* My Lappy - None like you sweetie. You are the best. She has seen all my emotions and has been listening patiently, at any hour. She has made me strong and wise. ( it is a she, as I always feel, girls are more sensitive and caring than guys)
* Jayanagar 4th 'T' block Park, 9th block park, Ragigudda, Woodys, Prasidhi, Bhavani (my fav hangouts :))
Few more ppl and things are yet to be mentioned, but I feel sleepy at this late hour in night or early hour in the morning, am not sure of.
Few more ppl and things are yet to be mentioned, but I feel sleepy at this late hour in night or early hour in the morning, am not sure of.
There are few memories which made me happy and few more that made me sad, but one
thing is for sure, I have learnt to be alone, to live in my own world. I was forced to rather.
Should I thank those responsible for it ? :)
Life has taught me myriad lessons, but it has also thrown umpteen questions unanswered yet.
P.S
* I could now manage doing, work, cooking, going to school, talking to friends, reading , writing, learning, listening, getting and giving update from and to ppl at home, counsel, research, wash, clean, workout( this is all that I could remember doing) on a single day. I am amazed by it, considering the fact that, I was such a lazy person, who wanted her mom to be around feeding her breakfast, and help her get ready to work.
* I wanted to learn Swimming and Tennis in this one year which I haven't done yet. Will do it soooooon.
* By next year, I plan to visit most of the jungles around blore , want to be with nature, they never hurt you. :)
2 comments:
all the best for all the things u want to do at least this year!! hope ur second here in blore is more enjoyable than the bygone one!! :)
I hear you sistah.i think being ina pg/ hostel helps u a lot.
Post a Comment