Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sports Season Springs Surprises

I'm not a die hard sports fan. Although I belong to a nation where people will be ready to sacrifice food and water to watch the famous game quoted by Bernard Shaw as “Cricket is a game where eleven fools play and eleven hundred fools watch”, the only statistics that I know are that of the captain of our team :). Newspapers give me the knowledge about sports. But, this season when the media is confused about which sport to cover and the sports buffs are contemplating on which sport to follow, the results of all them are a surprise even to zignorants like me. On one day world no.1 cricket team Australia loses the match, the second day much hyped England loses to Germany in FIFA, on the third day top seeded Federer loses to Berdych and latest is Argentina crashing a few million hearts (including mine. But, Deuscheland truly deserves it.) I don't have enough knowledge to analyze the cause. But, these surprises send me a message that , a winner is not a winner always and a loser with hard work and determination, can become a winner someday.

P.S

Hope it's Spain's day tomorrow. Wish Spain wins in FIFA tomorrow and Nadal wins in Wimbledon :)

No comments: